Friday, March 26, 2010

Any Questions?

I'm back with a vengeance and a working PC, yay.

Just like last time we met, I can tell that today I tortured myself with a pretty good run and a workout session, about as long as the second half (speaking in nineties/MC fashion: the B-side) of Americana. I'm slowly floating towards complete exhaustion, yet the only thing I want to do is rollin', rollin', rollin' like a ball, jumping from rooftops and to beat shit up. Well, these aren't an "only thing", yeah. But I want do them all night long, I suspect partly because I've witnessed an hour long Bayonetta gameplay - get it? I wasn't even playing the thing but it gave me a long-term adrenaline rush - and partly because of Hollywood.

Movies are legal drugs, my friend. I mean, they take us to places. Good and bad ones, they all make us think, feel and even daydream. About attending to an acting school, killing some screenwriters, buying a camera, or jumping off rooftops and beating up shi... eh, I hope you got the point. What I actually wanted to let you know in this post's glorious fuzziness is that I saw the trailer for the film adaptation of the Scott Pilgrim comic books. Here it is:



I can't really decide if this is something very-very fun and cool, or the preview of this year's worst movie. It might be both. But that's not the point. The point is, I'm acting like a mouse on steroids, and I want to fight the world, just like this Scott guy.

Also, I could use some Diet Coke.

Any Questions?

6 comments:

  1. Now that's some weird shit, fella.

    Anyways, all segments of art is a kind of drug, only the audience variates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything creative could provide a good "ride" to a certain audience, I agree. Also, if you are the artist, creating something could make you feel like a god. This is the weird - and realistic - shit, man, not Scott Pilgrim.

    (Trivial fanboyism: the trailer's best part is the first 30 secs, from all that romantic snowy stuff you can tell that Edgar Wright is a huge fan of LTROI. Back in 2008 he called it the best film of the year. I mean, rawr.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shit, I really wanna see it (only) once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The LTROI references caught even that stoopid Faust's eye. For the first 30 seconds, I thought it will be a parody or something.

    But that wouldn't go for that "...something very-very fun and cool" prize of MicJelly, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude. I'd love to see a LTROI-parody. Time to time I even think about writing a musical version. It would definitely include a version of "Piggy" by Nine Inch Nails. Rawr again.

    Kaba, my man, thanks for the comment. It's good to know you are actually visiting my stuff. And I agree, the movie will worth a watch.

    ReplyDelete