Sunday, March 28, 2010

Les Dents de la Mer

Wanna do something fun? Let's sing-along about the worst hangover ever. If you don't know the lyrics, simply throw up every time the chorus kicks in, that will do it.

What should I tell you about last night if I want to be honest and clear? Well, I met the lead singer of 30Y. They are a pretty popular band (more by underground means, not in the media, which is a good thing), and they did a show in our city. When my Kurt Cobain-copycat friend pointed him out - they were just about to leave the place where they played, a pretty good little bar/pub/whatever - , I couldn't resist, had some kind of urge to talk to the guy. I asked him if I could shake his hand, he said yes, then if he really was that guy from the band. A second positive answer, and I told him something like this:

"Listen, I'm far from being your fan, but thanks for coming, people are glad because you were here, and this is kinda like an honour, you know."

He liked that. I think this is the kind of fanboyism what musicians (let me not say the word celebrity) deserve, instead of a bunch of alter-emo kids screaming and waving after the tourbus. That was a a sad sight. Well, okay, that hand-shaking bit was pathetic as well, but I was drunk, what do you expect?

Yes, I'll answer that one. Expect myself without my shyness, jumping in through windows (or aerators, while pretending that I was an unleashed Xenomorph), stepping besides and talking to people, celebs, hawt chix, former teachers, wasted, lonely drunk guys.

Also, while I was talking to a girl who learns French I came to realize that I know what the phrase "la mer" means. Literally, it's "the sea" and is also the title of a beautiful song by Nine Inch Nails, with very few lyrics, in French. (And obviously that's not Trent "Gawd" Reznor's voice you can hear on the record.) Another funny realization is that the French title of my all-time favourite movie, JAWS is Les Dents de la Mer, which means "The Teeth of the Sea". Groovy. So much more original than the Hungarian translation.

And speaking of favourite things, imagine what I was feeling when after Smells Like Teen Spirit (Cobain-wannabe companion, remember?) the jukebox started to play friggin' Defy You by The Offspring. Their best song. My favourite. Ever. Nothing surpasses it. Hearing it in a public place... damn. With these videolinks I can't let you feel the feelings I felt last night. I don't think you could even imagine it, my friend. Having a good time while little things make you happy, that's my post's point today. It's something you have to experience.

Now, before my blog grows a way too positive mood, here are the sad things:

My dad is on his way back to the UK.

Yesterday we should've taken The Fuck You Man with us.

Today my head hurts like hell.

)-: Would someone just kill meeee...? :-(

And how's it going with you?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah next time I'll be there and it'll be fucking awesome.

    Gotta love your taste in music it's so... familiar right-o?

    Fucking math test... wish me some fucking luck I'll need it. Badly.

    ReplyDelete