Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Boobs and Blood

Have you seen the new trailer for Alex Aja's Piranha 3-D? You really should check it out:



That Ripley-ish face when one of the CGI fish screams (!) at the girl, whoa - I think I'm in love with Jessica Szohr. Seriously.

The film is basically a remake of the original 1978 Piranha, the JAWS-parody by Joe Dante. Unlike its sequel, The Spawning/Flying Killers (James Cameron's first movie) and the 1995 TV remake by Roger Corman, this new version won't avoid humour, which is a good thing. People who already trash it, they just don't get the joke, I think.

This is tongue in cheek, a b movie, the kind that doesn't even tries to look anything other than that. Dumb, silly fun with naked chicks, bloodbath, roaring cartoon fish, and A-list actors saying and doing cheesy things. Notice how Christopher Lloyd uses his Doc Brown-voice to emphasize the line "THIS particular piranha VANISHED two million YEARS ago...", while Richard Dreyfuss is dressed as the character he played 35 years ago in JAWS. Should I mention that allegedly there's a nearly 30 minutes long massacre scene? Throw any objective POV out of the window, I already friggin' love this movie.

Someday I will say something clever about the real life "it's funny when horrible things happen" scenarios. Now I'm just hyping my most anticipated movie of the year. Spring break is gone, but summer's almost here. Stay out of the water, kids.

Second thought, don't do it. Stay in water, kids. I wanna see sexy teenage girls getting torn apart, and I wanna see it now!

PS: Yesterday I made an account on of the most useless community sites, you can check out what's up with me there.

2 comments: