Saturday, June 2, 2012

Launching Offspring Month

Skull lifted from marpli.

Okay, Offspring Month? Who am I kidding here? I mean, this band and their upcoming record have been my most resilient topic in the last three months or so anyway.

But now shit is about to get real: June is finally here, summer officially begins, Days Go By comes out on the 26th, so quoting the 25-sec classic, it's time to relax. And you know what that means: glass of coke, your favorite browser, and of course, this weblog shining on you computer screen.

So go on, indulge yourself! That's right, open YouTube or another video site, put on your headphones! Lean back, and just enjoy the melodies - which I'm going to review song-by-song in the following weeks.

Yup, you got it, this is what you can expect from this month: with my little to none musical knowledge, I'm going to give my two cents about every important piece of The Offspring's discography, starting from their early Manic Subsidal days, closing the whole thing with a review of the new album, not long after it hits the digital and IRL shelves. I've never did anything like this before, hopefully it turns out to be a neat little project...

After all, music soothes even the savage beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment