Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Britney Spring

Damn it, seems like Europe got Cruising California as the first single instead of Days Go By. Here's what Dex has to say about the song:
When asked about the track “Cruising California (Bumpin’ In My Truck),” featured on The Offspring’s upcoming album Days Go By, Dexter Holland and Noodles broke up in laughter. They must have known the song title would get some chuckles. KROQ morning show host Bean was happy to deliver the question, “Did you run into Snoop Dogg at the medical marijuana store? How did that title happen?”

Dexter, the band’s frontman, was more than happy to offer some insight into the fun rap-laden track, “For whatever reason I felt kinda serious writing this record… there was a lot of serious songs and when we got close to the end I felt like I wanted to have a few kinda fun songs on it too because that’s both sides of who we are as a band. That song was really about where I live. I live in Huntington Beach and I’ve never written a song about what it’s like to go down on an average summer day in my home town.”

When asked if this was their Ice Cube “It Was A Good Day,” the duo laughed and responded, “Yeah, I guess it is… The white guy nerd version.” Via kroq
Hey, in case it really is a sole accident, an epic train crash of a joke, it's all good. But fans still have the right to feel disappointed, I think.

Joke songs on the previous records were different. They had the a rocking edge, lyrics actually mocking the subject, and that kind of trademark Offspring sound of good hooks and sarcastic voice, even Pretty Fly or Why Don't You Get a Job did. CC sounds such a lazy attempt compared to them. Man, I even like When You're In Prison, but let's face it, crap on purpose always was, and always will be crap.

Seems like their new album will be their most experimenting, diverse and daring stuff since... well, the last one. Not sure, what to think as of now. We just have to wait and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment